Thursday, November 16, 2006

Why isn't Rutgers Ranked Higher


Rutgers is undefeated playing in one of the top conferences in the country so why aren't they ranked higher. Well I think you can place a lot of the blame on pre-season polls, which are pointless, however they make it hard for good teams to move up if they were unseeded at the beginning of the year. I think they should go back to starting the poll in week 6 or something like that, because preseason polls seem to be persuading too many people.

Looking at the polls:

AP - #7
USA Today - #8
Harris - #7
BCS - #6

BCS Computers - #2

Why do the computers have Rutgers ranked so high? Is it becuase the computers don't watch ESPN, or read the papers. Probably becuase the computer uses the most unbaised system which doesn't look pre-season rank, just the data.

I don't even care about Rugters, but there should be no way they don't play for the title if they win out.

No comments:

Post a Comment