Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Steelers: Mike Tomlin is our man

Well I guess I was wrong in my Podcast. I almost came out a week or so ago saying it was a done deal with Tomlin, thanks mainly because the players didn't back Grimm. Then I guess my sources where wrong too...saying it was looking like Grimm. Well now we know Tomlin is the Steeler's man.

The Steelers must have been impressed with Mike Tomlin. It also shows the Rooneys wanted a change in direction. Tomlin will have a chance to have a long reign as Steeler Coach. The Steelers are hoping they found a winner, Tomlin is considered a top prospect in the coaching world, however top prospects don't always workout. The Steelers will give him probably 3 years to see if he has want it takes to be the next Bill Cowher, or maybe better. Now the big question will be who he hires as coaches. The Steelers have decided not to wait for Ron Rivera and Russ Grimm will probably have to leave town now, that the Steelers have elected to pass him over. Grimm, who might have turned the Rooney off for some reason surprisingly didn't get the love from current players to help his cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment