Friday, April 20, 2007

Campari = Cleavage

I can’t decide if this is pure genius or pure sexism. I suspect it’s a lot of both. A while back, I saw that Salma Hayek had signed on to appear in ads for Campari. A couple of the Hotel Campari-themed images appeared, showing a sultry Salma showing off her, uh, generous assets. Then, the other day I rediscovered the Hotel Campari campaign and saw that they had added a video and more pictures. Well, you guessed it, it’s breasts ahoy. In fact, all but one spot for the bitter apĂ©ritif prominently display Salma’s heaving bosoms. Of course, that shot showed off her butt instead. Now, I am all for boobies. Trust me, I’m all “Yeah, boobies!” over here. But, shouldn’t these ads be just a little more, I dunno, subtle? Apparently, not. Who needs such trifles as copy, dialogue and storyline? All we’re supposed to think is Campari = cleavage. Though, I guess when you’ve got breasts as amazing as Salma’s at your disposal, less is more. Or, in her case, more is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment