Friday, July 6, 2007

Pittsburgh Pirates: Kevin McClatchy heads to the Shadows, LaRoche Heats Up

Don't pop the champagne quite yet, Kevin McClatchy is stepping down as the CEO of the Pirates at the end of the year, a move which was in the making since he gave up principal ownership over the winter. All this really means is McClatchy is no longer the face/voice of Pirate ownership. Bob Nutting is still the owner and from what I understand McClatchy will continue to own a share of the team. But hey McClatchy leaving as CEO probably can only be a good thing.




In other Pirate new, the Bucs are on a wining streak, as they host the Cubs in the biggest series of the season to date. It shouldn't be a surprise that without Duke & Duffy in the line-up the Pirates are playing their best baseball of the season. Adam LaRoche has been the best hitter in Major League Baseball, based on fantasy points over the last 7 days. Finally LaRoche who has over 50 RBIs is hitting like the player he was in Atlanta. With Jason Bay destine to go on a hot streak soon, the Pirate might look like a respectable team the rest of the year. We'll also get to look at some more young pitchers in the rotation as the season goes on. They Pirates should be BUYERS at the trading deadline, hopefully acquiring a key piece for next year.

On side note where can I send my resume for CEO:

I'll run on these promises:

1. I'll open the books
2. I'll step down if the team doesn't make the playoffs in three years.
3. We'll draft the best players
4. I will spend the profits on improving the team.
5. I will not accept bad fundamental mistakes by players.
6. I'll seek to fired Dave Littlefield, and make sure Bob Nutting knows, he's in it to win or he's leaving.
7. We'll invest in Latin America and make Clemente pround.
8. I'll call out Bud Selig every chance I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment